Kicking off Day 1 of Week 1 of the Primal experiment with a bang. Like all the recipes for this plan, I pulled this from Everyday Paleo Family Cooking. I normally eat oatmeal, cereal or yogurt for breakfast and I’m totally not used to spending more than 10 minutes preparing food for the family so this caught me off guard. This recipe is great for making ahead. Next time I make it (and I will definitely be making it again), I will make 2 and freeze one. Quiche’s hold up great in the freezer and this is a really delicious meal to have in reserves.
1 lb thick cut bacon, diced
1 large bunch baby spinach
3 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons, full-gat canned coconut milk
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbs italian seasoning
black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Brown the diced bacon in a large skillet.
3. Spread the cooked bacon evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
4. Spread the spinach on top of the bacon.
5. In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Add the last 7 ingredients to the eggs and stir together.
6. Pour the entire mixture over the sponach and bacon. To make sure all the spinach is completely covered by the egg mixture, use your hand and press on top of the spinach until the egg mixture sits on top of the spinach layer evenly.
7. Cover the quiche tightly with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through in the center and don’t jiggle.