Technically this is the “last supper” meal before starting the first week’s meal plan. This is the second time I’ve cooked this and I really enjoy it.
1/2 large eggplant, sliced into rounds
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves , cut into cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons dry white cooking wine
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups spinach
1. Sprinkle salt evenly over both sides of eggplant slices; set aside for 5 minutes. Cut eggplant into cubes.
2. Cook and stir chicken, garlic, and soy sauce and dry wine together in a large skillet over medium heat until the chicken is nearly cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir mushrooms and black pepper into the chicken mixture; continue cooking until the mushrooms brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Heat canola oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Cook eggplant in hot canola oil until lightly browned; add to skillet with the chicken.
5. Stir spinach through the chicken and eggplant mixture; cook and stir until the spinach wilts, 2 to 3 minutes.
Adapted from here.